The Institute of Human Behaviour and Allied Sciences (IHBAS), originally known as the Hospital for Mental Diseases (HMD), Shahdara, is a research center for mental health and neurosciences located in Shahdara, New Delhi, India. Regarding the number of patients served and the campus size, IHBAS is the largest mental hospital in the world. The Delhi State Mental Health Authority (SMHA) is also housed there.
1993 IHBAS was founded in response to a Supreme Court decision, converting the prior HMD into a centre for therapy, education, and research. It is an autonomous society that the government of Delhi oversees. It has three clinical branches in addition to all other paralegals and associated ones.
Currently, IHBAS is recruiting for the post of “Psychology Counselor” to fill up 2 vacancies on a contractual basis for Delhi State Aids Control Society (DSACS) projects at IHBAS for 5 and 6 months.
- Understanding the facilitators and obstacles to OST delivery at Public Health facilities and community centers (for a term of 6 months)
- Factors affecting virtual active MSM in Delhi’s access to offline services for targeted treatments (for a period of 5 months).
Dr. Mahadev Singh Sen, Assistant Professor, Department of Psychiatry, IHBAS, Delhi.
Application for Psychology Counselor:
- Graduate degree in Psychology/Social Work/Sociology/ Anthropology/Human Development
- Diploma in Nursing with a minimum 3 years of experience in HIV-AIDS
- In the case of those recruited from a community of people infected with or affected by HIV-AIDS,
a) Graduate in any field or Diploma in Nursing
b) Minimum 1 year of experience in HIV-AIDS
Age Limit: Not exceeding 30 years on the last date of receipt of application which will be 30 days from the date of Recruitment Notice.
Consolidated Emoluments: Rs. 22,744/- per month with TA
(As NACO per norms and to subject Minimum Wages Act 1948)
Note: This position involves the collection of data in the project and also includes field visits in Delhi.
Click Here to Download the Application