An institution of eminence deemed to be a university, Manipal Academy of Higher Education (MAHE) is a self-financing higher education institution that began operations in 1953 by establishing the first self-financing medical college using a public-private collaboration model. Several institutions have been added over the years, and in June 1993, the Indian government officially recognised this collection of institutions as a Deemed to be University. The Ministry of Education, Government of India, in October 2020 designated it as an Institution of Eminence Deemed to be University (IoE) because of its exceptional record in academics, infrastructure, and research accomplishments, as well as its place in national and worldwide rankings.
Applications are being invited at MAHE for admission in session 2024-25 to M.Phil. in Clinical Psychology. The Department of Clinical Psychology, MCHP, offers a specialist study called MPhil Clinical Psychology. The Department of Clinical Psychology collaborates with a super speciality hospital with a functioning psychiatry department.
Pass in MSc Psychology or MA Psychology from a recognized University, with a minimum of 55% aggregate marks or equivalent.
- Those who qualify for the General Category and are Indian citizens must pay ₹600 for the application form and ₹1400 for the entrance examination.
- The total cost for candidates in the Foreign/NRI/NRI Sponsored category is ₹2500.
Details Regarding MET-2023:
- Total Questions: 80 MCQs
- Test Duration: 120 minutes
- Total Marks: 320
- Marking Scheme: 4 for right answers, 1 for incorrect answers, and 0 for unanswered questions.
- Syllabus: Psychological Assessment (15Q), Psychotherapy (15Q), Research Methods & Statistics (10Q), Psychiatry (10Q), Neuropsychology (10Q), Social Psychology (10Q) and Child and Adolescent Psychology (10Q).
Last Date to Apply: 15 March 2024
Click Here to Apply
Important Note for the Applying Candidates:
- The Manipal Entrance Test (MET) is the first step towards program admission, and students who make the shortlist in the MET will then take the Department Test (DT).
- Tentatively scheduling the Department Test (DT) for mid to late June, targeting students who have made the shortlist in MET 2023, marks the next step in the admissions process.