The National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro Sciences (NIMHANS), the nation’s leading centre for education in mental health and neuroscience is a multidisciplinary institute for patient care and academic pursuits. In 2012, NIMHANS earned the status of an ‘Institute of National Importance’.
On October 10 of each year, we celebrate World Mental Health Day. The World Foundation for Mental Health has declared “Mental health is a universal human right” as the topic for 2023. In order to promote better mental health for everyone, the Department of Mental Health, Education, NIMHANS invites online entries for all the school and college students in the Short Film Contest on this topic on the occasion of this day.
For Registration, click here
Submission Deadline: 30th September 2023.
Guidelines for Film Making:
- Craft a short film on the theme of “mental health as a universal human right”. It should emphasize the importance of equal access to mental health care and support for all.
- The film should be authentic and respectful portrayals of mental health experiences, steering clear of stereotypes or exaggerations.
- The length of the film should be concise yet impactful, with a recommended duration of, a minimum of 3 minutes and a maximum of 5 minutes.
- The content should be original, showcasing a distinct perspective of yours while refraining from using copyrighted materials.
- The language used for the film must be English.
Guidelines for Submission:
- Submit your film through email in an MP4 format, along with a brief synopsis, film title, participant details, and production details to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submission Format: The submitted film should be named as “shortfilm_participantsname”. The Subject of the email is “Short film Submission – World Mental Health Day – Participants Name”.
- We will evaluate participants’ entries based on their alignment with the theme, storytelling process, creativity, technical finesse, and overall impact.
Result Declaration & Award:
- On the occasion of World’s Mental Health Day, which is on 10th October 2023, they will declare the results
- They will present a certificate bearing the title of the winning film
- Top three films will be awarded with prize money of amount Rs.10,000 for 1st prize, Rs. 7,000 for 2nd prize and Rs. 5,000 for 3rd prize.
Note: The Mental Health Sante on 21st October 2023 will feature and screen the top three winning films as a part of the contribution to the mental health awareness campaign.
Contact for Further Queries: