‘Really down-to-earth person’ This statement carries a lot of weight. It refers to a person who, while attaining success in life, maintained their moral standards as well as their attitude and personality. Such individuals are frequently referred to as humble since they do not take pride in themselves or believe they are superior to others. They see themselves as regular people with normal attitudes just like any other person. There are a lot of prosperous people in the world who maintain a very modest demeanor and lead ordinary lives.
As it has seen people do change according to their status, they are given in society some higher authority people forge and present their false personality. The person who gets success and change is expected to be higher in society and be a role model for other people and on the other is the person who despite being extremely successful never changes. It shows the distinction between the two types of individual, one who sees only themselves and their pleasures and the other who puts others first and accepts their mistakes and works on them. In this world of forged and false personalities, humbleness is harder to find.
A Sign that you are a humble person
- Active Listener: A person with a humble nature who always actively listens to others, without interrupting and dominating, admits when they are wrong, and is open to feedback and criticism.
- Open-minded: Humble people are willing to accept if they did anything wrong. They admit when they do not know something. They don’t blame anyone and accuse others of their mistakes.
- Gratitude: They show a sense of gratitude to others when they receive help or support from others. If they achieve anything, they feel grateful to their peers for their success.
- Putting others first: A humble person always prioritizes the needs of others before themselves. They help or support others without any expectations from others.
- Not Arrogant: A humble person always avoids arrogance and deals with tough situations in a very sophisticated manner. They do not flex about their achievements and seek attention and praise. They have modest kind of personalities and do not try to make themselves superior to others.
- Respectful to others: Even if they disagree with someone’s word, they disagree in a way that is quite respectful and not demeaning to the other person.
How do others perceive a humble person?
Humble people are generally perceived positively by others. Humbleness is often a single factor on which others may show a feeling of likeability towards others. They are seen as a respectful member of any society just because they are fair and always supports good. They can also easily gain the trust of others. Following are some points that describe why society perceives a person with so much humility as positive:
- Trustworthy: Keeping secrets is a quality of a humble person, and these humble people are the safest place to dump secrets. So, people find humble people as trustworthy secret keepers.
- Respectful: In society, people often see them as the most respectful individuals because they consistently support the good, practice fairness, and uphold values while interacting with others.
- Successful: As per the studies humble person has more chances to gain success in comparison to an arrogant one. They admit the criticism and are open to feedback which improves the quality of their performance.
- Competent: Humble people always open themselves to learn new things and grow with life. They admit their mistake and ask for help and this behavior makes them more likable to society.
- Inspiring: Humble people become an easy inspiration for others. The way they perform their tasks. The way they balance their work and life positively, become inspiring for others and sets an inspirational value in other life.
If you feel you are not humble enough to others you can follow the tips by which you easily can become a humble person:
- Know your strengths and weaknesses: Being aware of one’s strengths and weaknesses is one of the major ways to incorporate humility into one’s life. Know your strengths and weaknesses to work on them.
- Be open to feedback and criticism: Don’t feel sad if someone corrects you. Just see the good in this and learn from your mistakes. Be open to admitting you are wrong listen actively and make good out of it.
- Don’t be afraid to say ‘I don’t know’: Remember this it’s not bad if you don’t know anything and confidently say “I don’t know”. It will make you understand things better.
- Practice mindfulness: Practicing mindfulness, which includes meditation and yoga, it can make you attentive to the present moment without judgment.