SPM College, Delhi University announces Certificate Course In Counselling And Psychotherapy
SPM College (Delhi University) announces certificate course in counselling and psychotherapy in collaboration with Utsaah Psychological Services. This course is designed to provide the learner with advanced exploration and analysis of counselling technique as well as Psychotherapy. The learner will get opportunity to learn the concepts of traditional and contemporary counselling practice and various psychotherapies under the supervision of Registered Clinical Psychologist, Psychotherapist and Clinician. for complete details click here
ABOUT SPM COLLEGE
SPM College is a well-known women’s college of University of Delhi. It was established in 1969 in memory of distinguished academician and statesman Dr. Shyama Prasad Mukherjee. Today, Shyama Prasad Mukherjee College has 112+well-furnishes classrooms, 7 seminar halls, a fully air-conditioned state of the Art Auditorium with a nice ambiance, well equipped and fully computerized Library, well equipped Gym, laboratories such as Computer labs, Psychology lab, Food and Technology lab etc. The Campus is further equipped with an Internet Wi-fi Facility. Projectors are provided in all the labs, 6 seminar halls and 32 classrooms. Today, Shyama Prasad Mukherjee College has evolved into one of the most progressive and dynamic institutions of the University of Delhi. Located in Punjabi Bagh (West), New Delhi, SPM College is well connected by the Shivaji Park Metro Station.
The Certificate Course in Counselling and Psychotherapy is started under the department of Applied Psychology of the college with the collaboration of Utsaah Psychological Services Private Limited.
ABOUT UTSAAH PSYCHOLOGICAL SERVICES PVT. LTD.
Utsaah Psychological Services Private Limited was established with the aim of spreading the awareness/knowledge of Psychology and Mental Health in India. Currently Utsaah Psychological Services offers their services in the field of Health, Education and Research. Utsaah is also running the Psychologs, India’s First Psychology Magazine. The magazine offers a wide range of knowledge and awareness about diverse topics from the field of psychology.
The course modules follow a natural progression from personal development to theoretical approaches and skills practice, while also giving students an insight into counselling and psychotherapy as a profession.
The course allows learner to gain extensive knowledge and practical application of counselling skills and psychotherapy skills that students can apply at various places like clinic, hospital, school, industry etc. the learner will also get to learn the psychotherapeutic approach for different Psychological disorders. This certificate program can also be useful to a professional counselor who needs a touch-up in new systems and practices in the field. The focus of the course is on developing the counselling and psychotherapy skills of personal presence and awareness of process. Attention is also paid to interpersonal skills and group skills.
- Learn different counselling and psychotherapeutic skills that are useful for various psychopathological conditions under the supervision of Psychotherapist and Clinician.
- Practice based tools and techniques to use with clients, in your personal life, career or relationships.
- How our mind processes day-to-day experiences and transforms our interpretation about them into actions, fears, emotions, passions and finally, outcomes.
- Establish healthy professional boundaries with your clients at the workplace and create an environment which can help them tackle faulty thinking styles.
- How to facilitate the process of positive transformation of how people think, feel and behave when pursuing their goals or objectives in life.
- How to become more self-aware of (and improve) the way you communicate, alongside the psychology behind these communication styles, relaxation and mindfulness.
- Conceptualization and knowing intervention-based techniques.
NATURE OF PERSPECTIVE TARGET GROUP OF LEARNERS
Students of Psychology or students from various streams who have a basic knowledge on counselling and psychotherapy can join for the programme. Thus, the prospective target group of learners includes:
- Psychology Students
- Psychologists, Practitioners
- Rehabilitation psychologists/ Professionals
- School teachers/ Counsellors
- Other Mental health professionals
COURSE STRUCTURE AND ELIGIBILITY
Syllabus for the Course
Approaches to psychopathology; classification systems- DSM-5, Neuropsychological disorders, Anxiety disorders and Eating disorders, Personality disorder, Psychotic and Mood disorders, Substance abuse, Other Behavioural disorders.
- Diagnostic approach
Clinical interview, Case History Taking, Diagnostic interviewing skills, Mental status examination.
Basics of counselling, Ethical issues, Role of counselor, Counselling by using positive psychology, Emotional disturbance, Drug Addiction, Relationship counselling, Counselling in Chronic illness, Occupational counselling.
Relaxation procedures, flooding, systematic desensitization therapy, EMDR, Cognitive Therapy, Cognitive Behaviour Therapy, Client centre therapy, Family Therapy.
Every enrolled student will be required to work in hospital, school, NGO, and counselling setting.
Duration of course: 200 Hours
Mode of Instruction: online
Eligibility: Under Graduate/ Graduate/ Post Graduate
ADMISSION PROCEDURE AND COURSE FEE
Course fee: ₹7000/-
Process of admission is as below:
Candidates need to submit an online form with all the required details including the payment transaction reference number/ Cheque No./ DD No.
The course fee can be submitted through following methods:
- Through online bank transfer; Bank details are given below:
Bank Name: INDIAN OVERSEAS BANK
Branch: SPM COLLEGE PUNJABI BAGH NEW DELHI-26
ACCOUNT NO.: 176001000004585
IFSC CODE: IOBA0001760
ACCOUNT HOLDER: PRINCIPAL, SPM COLLEGE ADDON COURSES
- Students can also send the Cheque/ Demand Draft in the favor of (Principal, SPM College Addon Courses) on the following address: SPM COLLEGE PUNJABI BAGH NEW DELHI-26
For complete details: www.upseducation.in